每个人都有这样的经历:抛开课本之后,几乎说不出来口语,而且英语课本中的口语没有英美等本土的口语那么地道。也就是说,抛开课本之后,很多人的口语不地道了。今天伊顿教育小编为大家分享10句课本上学不到的地道口语,希望对大家出国留学与游玩时有帮助!
01 、I was like, "What?!"
▌ (someone) was like...
口语中用于表达某人的一种反应,比如说的话或思想活动。
▷ He was like, "Hold on, wait for me!"
他说,等下,等等我。
▷ I saw it on her face – she was like "Yo, leave me out of this!"
我看见她脸上都写着呢,她一脸的“嘿,别把我扯进来!”
02 、That takes guts!
▌(something) takes guts
做某事需要勇气。Guts本意是内脏,引申为胆量。
▷Being a police officer takes guts, for sure.
显然,当警察很需要勇气。
03 、All right, so much for that one.
▌so much for (something)
人们放弃做一件事或泡汤的时候常说的话。
▷It's already ten thirty? So much for getting an early start!
都十点半了?得了,不用想早起的事了!
▷Oh no! He saw us? So much for keeping it a surprise.
哦漏!他看见我们了?好吧,什么惊喜都没了。
04 、We nailed it!
▌nailed it
圆满完成某件事,或说得完全正确。Nail本意是钉钉子。
▷That's so true. He's nailed it.
确实如此,他的观点一针见血。
Kill it也可以指事情完成得乎意料地好。
▷ Louise has been killing it!
Louise干得漂亮!
05 、I knew you'd give me a hard time about it!
▌give…a hard time about…
跟某人过不去、嘲笑某人、难为某人。
▷ When I was growing up, the other kids used to give me a hard time because of my weight. But I just tried to ignore them.
小时候由于我的体重,其他的孩子一直在取笑我。但是我尽量不理他们。
▷Come on ! Why do you have to give me a hard time about that ? I told you: I had to work. 拜托,干嘛老拿这事儿跟我过不去,我都说了,我要工作了。
06 、I might be 90 years old, but I'm still young at heart!
▌might… but…
也许……但是……,可以用来委婉地否定别人的观点。
▷Paris might be popular, but I don’t want to live there.
巴黎可能是一个很受欢迎的地方,但是我不想住在那里。
07 、I couldn't agree more.
▌couldn’t agree more
“不能更同意”,表示强烈同意对方的观点。强烈不同意也能说couldn't disagree more。
▷- I think that this is a great opportunity.
- I couldn’t agree more.
-我觉得这是一个好的机会。
-完全赞同。
08 、Just do it already!
▌Just… already!
的做某事!这个短语一般都是在抱怨对方反应太慢,表现一种不耐烦的态度。
▷I've been hearing about this girl for weeks. Just ask her out already!
我听你念叨这个姑娘已经好几周了,求你快约她吧!
09 、Strangely enough, I just bought a bike.
▌strangely enough, …
遇到巧合或惊讶的事时的表达,可以翻译为真巧、真稀奇。
▷如果你和小李同时找到了新工作,就可以说:
Strangely enough, I just got a new job as well.
真巧,我也刚找到一份新工作。
10 、Could you give me a few pointers?
▌give someone pointers
给某人一些建议。Pointer指建议、提示、线索。
▷You're not holding that quite right. Do you want me to give you a few pointers?
你握的方式不太对,你要我给你一些建议吗?