新课标必修1 Unit1 Friendship
be good to 对….友好 add up 合计 another time 改时间
get sth done 使…被做 calm down 镇定下来 have got to 不得不
walk the dog 遛狗 make a list of 列出 hide away 躲藏;隐藏
be concerned about 关心;挂念 share sth with sb 和某人分享某物
go through 经历;仔细检查 set down 放下;记下 a series of 一系列;一套
be crazy about 对…着迷 on purpose 故意 in order to/ so as to 为了
face to face 面对面地 get along with 与…相处 pack up 收拾，打理行装
according to 按照;根据…所说 have trouble with sb/sth 同某人闹意见;做…有困难
communicate with sb 和…交际 throw away the friendship 放弃/终止友谊
try out 试验;试用 join in 参加(活动) far and wide 到处
look to sth 注意，留心某事 fall in love 相爱 ignorant of 无知的
cheat sb (out) of sth 骗取某人某物 have the/a habit of doing sth 有做…的习惯#p#副标题#e#
1.I wonder if… 我想知道是否….
2. It’s because… 这是因为…. 此从句中because不能用since或as 代替
3. What do you think a good friend should be like? 你认为一个好朋友应该是什么样的呢?
4. While walking the dog, you were careless and it got loose and was hit by a car.
=While you were walking the dog, …在遛狗时，你不小心让狗挣脱了绳子，结果狗被车撞了。(当while, when, before, after 等引导的时间状语从句中的主语与主句的主语一致时，可将从句中的主语和be动词省去。)
5. Do you want a friend whom you could tell everything to, like your deepest feelings and thoughts? 你想有一位无话不谈、能推心置腹的朋友吗?
6. I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. 我已经很久不能去户外，所以我变得对自然界的所有东西都很感兴趣。
7. I can well remember that there was a time when a deep blue sky, the song of birds, moonlight and flowers could never have kept me spellbound. 我记得非常清楚，曾有一段时间，湛蓝的天空、鸟儿的歌唱、月光和鲜花，从未使我心醉神迷过。
8. It was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face.
9. I would be grateful if you could give me some advice. 如果您给我提些建议，我会非常感谢的。 (I would be grateful if… 委婉客气提出请求)
10. It’s a good habit for you to keep a diary. 记日记对你来说是个好习惯。
11. She found it difficult to settle and…
12. This series of readers is very interesting.
13. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
14. People are told that their actions should be as gentle as the wind that blows from the sea.